Mine

"I am Infinite." -Me

Friday, September 20, 2013

Re-Collections

Since I can remember, I've always seen, had, and played with Legos. Every time I see a Lego, to this very day, I get this nostalgic feeling. I have been collecting them forever, and probably will. Always. Just because I can. They are fun and a good reminder of the child engineer within us. I protect my horde, my treasure collection, like a fiery, greedy dragon. And sometimes I do bite the heads off of anyone who touches them. They are my link to present, future, and past; they are something I look forward to, and look back upon.

This week, we talk about bricks. Bricks. Just say it. Go on. "Bricks." And once more for posterity. "Briiiiiiiiiicks." Mmhmm. What a fun word. Don't you just love bricks? Their color, their soundness, the comfort of your grandmother's home, which is made from these lovable rocks of the modern world. Such grandness from something so seemingly trivial.

So, the Lego-brick bridge that bridges this together, made up of no other than Lego bricks. When I thought of this topic, I didn't know how to make it meaningful or able to relate to. And when I saw someone messing with my Legos, it came to me; I would write about Lego bricks.

They are small, colorful, and something everyone has probably seen at least once in their life. They bring this sense of comfort, at least to me. They make me want to build infinitely, and in a way that not even Minecraft can capture. Our hands become the gods of yellow-brick men, and we design their lives to satisfy our need for fun. They make great gifts, and they make a good vacation. Anyone been to Lego Land? Tell me how it was for you!

They are our best friends, and if you think about, they are just bricks. Small, plastic, multicolored bricks. Sometimes you lose them, but you may not notice or care. They are just bricks. But they have deeper meaning. Don't forget them. Just like bricks build our homes and buildings and offices, those Lego bricks may have built your childhood memories. Don't forget them, and they won't forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment