Mine

"I am Infinite." -Me

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Twilit Day

Daylight broke through the thin slits between each blind on the window. I sat on my bed, rocking back and forth. I had stared into the mirror many more times to believe what I had seen, but nothing happened. Maybe I was just seeing things that weren't really there at all. I couldn't shake the terrible feeling that I was forced to watch something that had been a blur before, only now in bitter detail. It was intense, frightening; at least I was able to sleep a bit.

I left the inn, and walked around the city. I went to the house, but nothing about it seemed to comfort me like it had before. Walking back through the strange, door-less structure I saw the man who sold me the mirror. I wanted to approach him about the mirror, but for some odd reason, I felt it would be best to not mention anything about it. In fact, I probably shouldn't really talk to him right now at all. It might avoid the potential to have any conversation about the mirror.

As I was walking back to the inn, I saw the Night Elf again. Wrael. He was speaking with someone, and didn't see me, or at least I was certain he didn't notice me. For the briefest of moments, I did think he glanced over at me, but I wasn't sure. Since I was near the market, I purchased some food, and a bottle of medicine, to help my upset stomach after last night.

I was unsure of what to do with my day. After all, being stuck in my room wasn't a very appealing idea, and the day outside was very pleasant. I wandered the city, after consuming some food and medicine in my room, and decided to search for a quiet peaceful place. My walk lead me to a new area of the city. Everything here was green and peaceful; it was everything I was hoping for.

I sat on a stone bench, sitting in solitude and bliss. I let my body soak the sun in, and a smile spread across my face. This was so much better than my room. But in the midst of grand afternoon, I felt a pair of eyes watching me, first from afar, but coming closer. I opened my eyes and saw the elf approaching me. I was confused. Why would he be coming towards me? What did he want? And then I looked at what he held.

"The man at the apothecary was calling for you. You had left your coin purse at his table. I volunteered to return it to you." He held out his hand for me to accept my purse.
"Thank you," I did wonder why he volunteered, "why did you decide to come for me?"
"Because I knew what you looked like. I did have the chance to meet you, after all. And I do believe you never told me your name." He explained. He did have a point; he was probably the only person who knew what I looked like that was near that shop.
I took the purse. "Amanalii", I said, "that is my name."
He smiled. "A beautiful name," he said, "my name is --"
"Wrael." I finished his sentence. "Yes, I couldn't forget it. Thank you so much for your help."
He nodded. "Of course."

I sat in silence for less than a minute, between staring at the pouch in my hand and the space in front of me. I looked over to where Wrael was, but he had left without a word. I suppose his goodbye was 'Of course.', but I almost wished he had stayed. Something about him made me feel a bit more comforted here. I had been here for a little over a week now, and he was probably the first person I really got to meet. Of course there was Gerald who sold me the mirror, that damned thing, but he wasn't really someone I just encountered much, or even someone I wanted to encounter.

I sat on the bench, lost in thought for a very long time. No one came over here. I sat in peace and quiet, only moving when I noticed the sun was starting to set. I wish the world would be suspended in this twilight. It was warm and tranquil, and everything was illuminated by the red and pink and orange of the sky and soft clouds. I liked these colors. They were very familiar to me. Very me, I almost thought. I felt that I belonged in the time were everything was red, between daylight and nighttime. Besides having the golden eyes and blood-red hair, I couldn't figure out what else it was about this time that seemed so familiar; color was only a part of it.

I returned to the inn. . .



3 comments:

  1. YOU ARE AWESOME! I LOVE YOUR WRITING! YOU WRITE MORE, AND I WILL READ ALL OF IT! THANK YOU FOR THIS POST! KEEP BEING AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE AWESOME! I LOVE YOUR WRITING! YOU WRITE MORE, AND I WILL READ ALL OF IT! THANK YOU FOR THIS POST! KEEP BEING AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just for you, there will always be more!

      Delete