Mine

"I am Infinite." -Me

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Infinite

I've been thinking about you lately, but that's a lie. 
I've never forgotten you. Even though we talked a couple more days since you've been gone,
I Am Alone

I think of you, I dream of you, I remember you. Do you remember me? What do you see? Do you dream of me? Do you think of me?

Like space thinks about the stars, and darkness and brilliance, the suns and moons, the dreams and thoughts and hopes. I think of your red hair, like red and blue, summer and winter, fall and spring, the autumn orange and blossoming pink, and the prism like unto a rainbow that is your eyes.

I think of holding on like a desperate man on a cliff, of loose sand and gravity. Like the purple majestic mountains and shadowed valleys, and the birds in the sky and the people on the earth. A scream in the mountain that resonates a melody in the forest. The snow and the rivers that were once snow. The snow and the rivers.

The houses and the gardens, the fruit and hunger, an itching for a snack, like a cookie and its crumble, and also the chocolate chips inside. The hunger for love and lust, of truth and deceit, the sheep and the wolf, and if it was all real . . . or not.

I think of the words you speak, and spoke, and my music I listen to. The words and their rhyme, the rhythm and meter, the poetry and meaning, and what I mean to you. What do I mean to you; it is like the fork and finger food. The napkin for clean hands, and a band-aid without wound. The fire for the heat, and the cooler for the cold, and the shower for spring morning rain.
Spring mourning rain.

But. . .

Now you are gone, and you won't come back. You left me before you ever moved away, and like the desperate boy I was, I will become a broken man to come.
Yet you hold nothing to me, nothing for me. You drew your line like chalk on a sidewalk. 
And I never rained on your parade until today.

I'm opening my eye's.
My ice.
I have no one stopping me now. You are gone, and you can't call the shots. Not now, not ever.
I am free and unbound, like the spirit in the wind that I AM!
I am unleashed, uncontrolled, and unforgiving. 
I have held back, because I have held on. The man on the cliff jumped. . .


and grew wings. I will fly farther than anyone can say I ever will.
I will reach higher than anyone says I can.
I will be stronger than the corrupter and killers of dreams.
I will dream harder than you can fathom.
I will think deeper than the greatest abyss to ever be found.
I will forget like it never happened, and
I will fight until my dying breath for it.
I am me, I am alone,
I am free.

I Am Infinite.

And don't you try to stop me

3 comments:

  1. "I am free and unbound, like the spirit in the wind that I AM!
    I am unleashed, uncontrolled, and unforgiving.
    I have held back, because I have held on."
    I love that phrase it just says freedom of all types to me
    Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I'm talking about.

    My favorite part:

    "You drew your line like chalk on a sidewalk.
    And I never rained on your parade until today."

    ReplyDelete